KENNY G. DOWN
Kenny G. Down Bio
- Kenny G. Down lives in Seattle, Washington USA with his wife of over twenty-years, Shannon. He is a man that genuinely understands what it means to wake up the Sleeping Spirit and allow the Awakened Giant to appear. Kenny’s Website “New Thought Life” (https://newthoughtlife.org/) is his authors page and where he posts content for those seeking a higher consciousness.
- Darko “The Sacred Heart of One Johanee Darko” was published in 2020, his second full length book
- "Awakened Giant Sleeping Spirit" his debut full length book was published in 2018
Meet the Sacred Hearted Johanee Darko and experience the Coming Together Time!
- We need a Joan of Arc for current times. Johanee Darko of New Orleans is that person. She becomes a modern-day Saint and possesses the solution to the ugly issues surrounding sexism, racism, bigotry, homophobia, and xenophobia. Through her public speeches and teachings Johanee Darko leads the Sacred Hearted movement, heals the world, and brings about the Coming Together Time.
- Johanee Darko is an abandoned, abused, and lost child in the Desire area of New Orleans. The world needed young Johanee Darko, she would come to save the lost souls of the world; the ninety-seven percent that were walking around asleep, dreaming they were awake. The Saints needed her, Buddha needed her, the Chiefs of All tribes from All Times needed her, Christ needed her, Mohamed needed her, Moses and Abraham needed her, Mary Mother of God needed her. Most of all the People of the World needed her.
- Johanee Darko heard the Voices for the first time at seven-years-old, the Ascended Masters, the Saints, the Chiefs, the Sages from all times. She is called to action by The Arch Angel Michael, Saints, Ancient Chiefs, and Ascended Masters to becomes the Princess of Peace, The Mother of All, The Queen of Compassion, and the Voice for Humanity.
- Johanee Darko leads the Sacred Hearted Movement to a following of millions and towards The Coming Together Time. As a teenage girl who was born into poverty and abuse, she emerges as the Savior of the World.
Spiritual Fiction / Addiction / Recovery
Priced at $14.95
- If there ever was a time when our world needed healing, that time would be now. “Darko” is a perfect parable for the times. Written by author Kenny G. Down with a great deal of experience, wisdom, and love, you’ll be swept away by the incredible progression of events and the characters who inhabit this world.
Kenny's Debut Novel: Awakened Giant, Sleeping Spirit
Spiritual Fiction / Addiction / Recovery
Priced at $12.99
- Ride bus #43 not for the destination but for the experience. Stanley Pearson, a drug addict rides the bus and meets Gary Goldpeople, an eccentric and friendly city bus driver. Heartfelt and beautiful, it’s a startlingly painful exploration of the peaks and valleys of addiction — and one man's journey from desperation to higher consciousness.
Kenny Down, Author of Awakened Giant, Sleeping Spirit
A fictional account drawn on personal experiences of redemption and transformation
Much of the story in Kenny G. Down’s debut novel, Awakened Giant, Sleeping Spirit, is ripped from the headlines of his own life. For years Down struggled with his own addictions – to alcohol and drugs – even as he built a successful career in the fishing industry, eventually becoming the President and CEO of a major Northwest seafood company. His experience being homeless by choice – first as a troubled teenager and again by circumstance in the final days of his addiction – underpin the characters, all of whom Down has been in one way or another.
Neither memoir nor tell-all, this book is intended as a spiritual novel, with lessons for everyone – not just alcoholics and addicts – in every chapter.
While fictional, Down deliberately put himself and his life into the story. "I put myself into every character in the book and I invite the reader to do the same, regardless of their background," says Down.
The former CEO left his position in the corporate world in 2018 and can now focus on his writing and spiritual work. Down is a well-known figure in the sustainable seafood business world where he has helped to set national ocean and fisheries policy and for which he still consults. Through his novel, he is revealing an even more meaningful part of his life.
His life started out as turbulent as the Alaska fisheries. Down grew up, the son of an alcoholic mother and an alcoholic step-father. He discovered alcohol and drugs at an early age and soon found himself on the wrong side of the law. He was in an out of jail even before high school.
At 17, his grandfather sent him to Alaska to learn to fish. By 23 he was among the youngest licensed chief engineers. But fishing boats were rife with alcohol and drugs. “It was like the wild-wild west back then,” Down recalls. There were no Coast Guard drug tests. “Our mantra was, ‘play hard while you work.’” On the boats, his addiction only deepened.
The heavy-drinking fishermen were concerned by Down’s ability to imbibe. “There was something about the intensity of my drinking that bothered them,” he remembers. In those days, Down drank as much as he could as fast as he could. “I drank with an urgency – there was an emergency to get as much in as quickly as possible,” he says.
He was eventually unable to work and after several failed attempts at alcoholic treatment he returned to Seattle where he couldn’t get or hold a job. Down remembers the downward spiral where the camaraderie of social drinking turned to an isolated solitary pursuit for the next drink or drug. In those years, he used only to try to quench his obsession for more.
It wasn’t until he found himself camped out in a cardboard lean-to behind a McDonald’s that he finally hit bottom. From there, his story changed, and he rebuilt his life and career, over the next thirty years. Some of that journey is contained in Awakened Giant, Sleeping Spirit.