The New Thought Life web page highlights the writings and thoughts of Author, Speaker and Spiritual seeker Kenny G. Down. The author likes to think of his readers as “new thinking people”. Through his novels, booklet on relationship and his short stories, poetry and VLOGS he encourages spiritual seekers to rid themselves of harmful thinking and pursue their hearts desire; creating the life they were meant to live.
WHAT Beliefs guide Kenny’s message: These are thoughts that guide his writing and other work.
- Today many are walking around asleep, dreaming that they are awake
- We are all connected. To harm one is to harm all, including ourselves
- When we are healed the world is healed. When we get better those around us get better
- “God” is simply a word used to describe a variety of experiences and beliefs we have formed. We only need to remain broad-minded, unprejudiced and nonjudgmental to find our own Truth
- No matter a person’s belief or lack of belief, they can find a meaningful spiritual way of life
- Practicing a spiritual way of life leads to an inward journey that more deeply connects us the true outward reality
- We all have been gifted with lessons from our own past, sometimes a dark past. But no matter how dark, they can lead us happiness and usefulness
- Our hearts’ desire is not only attainable but unavoidable. We find our hearts desire by practice and adherence to the spiritual way of life. This is a the way of life that we were meant to live
- A commitment to seek authentic humility is paramount to finding happiness, wholeness and purpose in our lives
- Kindness practiced as a way of life is paramount to awakening to our true purpose. Service to our fellow men and women puts our lives in perspective and brings direction to our spiritual path
- There is true transformation of the human life through spiritual practices. The spiritual awakening always brings about transformation. Who we are, or once were, prior to the spiritual awakening, may not be what God would have us be
- Our spiritual awakening yesterday does not feed us today. A new experience is needed each day. Maintenance of a spiritual awakening always includes growth
Author Kenny Down is a gratefully humble and awakened spiritual seeker. His past difficulties and current situations are reflected in all of his work. He is an Awakened Spirit with a happy, whole and useful life.
But it has not always been this way for him. It is a state of being that he’s worked hard to have. He spent many years struggling with addiction, both with the tragedies that tend to lead to relying on drugs and alcohol and the fallout of reaching for such an empty relief. But all the trials have turned out to be his blessing. Now, many years sober, he continues to enlarge his spiritual life.